Tuesday 23 December 2008

A dying seed



The day I met you
nothing remained the same.
I couldn't stop thinking
of meeting you again.

When we became friends
I shared every secret with you
& wished you would keep 'em safe.
Thankfully my wish came true.

Now I think there is more to us than just friends
well atleast from my side.
For if this was untrue,
How would you come in my dreams every night?

But even true love is worthless
if it isn't returned as well.
Will you have the same feelings,
Who can possibly tell?

I have no courage
to tell you how I feel.
A denial, You don't know,
What would mean.

I am virtually screaming
"Would anyone tell her how much I want her"
But I simply cannot take
'No' for an answer.

I must hold myself back.
If not, it'll make you feel stabbed from behind.
I must face the reality,
that you can never be mine.

You are much too beautiful
for someone like me.
For I am just a plant
while you deserve a tree.

These feelings must be killed
for they have no tomorrow.
Any delay in doing so
will only lead to sorrow.

I must control my heart
and empower my mind.
This ain't anything new.
This happens all the time.

Sometimes a beautiful seed dies
that could've grown into a plant
in absence of
the water that it wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment