Saturday 11 November 2017

Bliss


The room is dark,
but I can still see your face.
There is none
that could be a better place.

Your eyes wander
from side to side.
Do you dream of snowy mountains?
Of golden meadows?
Of the ocean's tides?

A lock of your hair tries to conceal
a part of you away from me.
I slide it back in place.
I must gaze upon you in entirety.

Your lips tremble
if I try to move away.
Lay still I will
till its finally day.

You snuggle in closer.
My pulse races like a freight train.
Yes, I am addicted.
You are my cocaine.

It is almost daybreak.
The sun will be here soon.
Why can't this night last forever?
Why do you have to leave O moon?

Your eyes open up slowly.
You say Good morning.
I have no words to speak,
rendered speechless by your beauty, darling.

No comments:

Post a Comment